• Dig through individual-level datasets for useful insights and ideas
• Draft and field large-N polls and surveys using Clarity’s in-house tools
• Support the nitty-gritty of Clarity’s microtargeting and predictive modeling workflow
• Use mapping and plotting tools to visualize models, election projections, and other information
• Create reports and presentations on client deliverables
• Tackle anything else the analytics team decides to toss your way
• A strong commitment to progressive causes (otherwise...well, that would be awkward)
• Excellent research, writing, and multi-tasking abilities
• Insatiable curiosity and hunger for new skills
• Attention to detail (it bothers you that only one of these bullet points ends with a period)
• Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student or a recent college grad
• Must be willing to spend the summer in the DC metro area
Awesome to Have
• Prior campaign experience
• Experience with advanced number crunching in R, Stata, or similar statistical software
• Programming experience, especially in Python or Perl
• Prior work with GIS software like ArcGIS and QGIS
• Familiarity with large databases and SQL
• Coursework in American politics, computer science, or machine learning/artificial intelligence
If you’re interested in joining us, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Analyst Fellowship’ in the subject line. Attach a copy of your resume, two references, and a cover letter telling us why you want to work with Clarity, and anything else you want to throw in to make your case (optional but highly encouraged: comment on your quiz results).
All fellowships are based in our Washington, D.C. Office.
Clarity Campaign Labs is an equal opportunity employer.